Created as a "Syndicat d’Initiative", the Tourist Office of St. Martin was established in 1992.
After a period as an Association in 1994, the structure became an EPIC (Commercial and Industrial Public Institution) in july 2008.
The legal changes, however, have not altered the primary role of the Tourist Office of St. Martin which is to promote the destination St. Martin.
This is only done through welcoming visitors and informing them on site, but also by promoting the island on different markets.
From its offices located in Saint Martin, Paris and New York and through close relationships with government institutions (ATOUT France and CTO), airlines serving the destination and the various Tourism socio-professional, The Tourist Office of St. Martin is constantly developing, creating and innovating in order to highlight the destination St. Martin.
The Steering Committee
The Tourist Office of Saint Martin is managed by a Steering Committee composed of :
• Mrs Jeanne ROGERS-VANTERPOOL
• Mrs Rolande QUESTEL
• Mr Alain GROS-DESORMEAUX
• Mr Antero de Jesus SANTOS PAULINO
• Mrs Nadine JERMIN
• Mr Daniel GIBBS
• Mrs Annette PHILIPS
• Mr Wendel COCKS, Vice-President in charge of Economic Affairs, Honorable member
• Mr Hervé DORVIL, Ports and Marinas Representative
• Mr José MANRIQUE, Restaurants Association representative
• Mr Gulay BULENT, Seatrade Association representative
• Mr Maurice PERRINMARECHAL, Hotels Associations representative
• Mr Romain RENOUX, Nature Reserve representative
• Mr Philippe MOREL, Merchants Association representative
• Mr Marius ANDREW, Taxis and car rentals representative