French Saint-Martin Tourist Office & Caribbean Tourism Organization announce Inaugural State of the Industry Conference in St. Martin Sept. 14-17
Tourism Leaders to Tackle Challenges and Opportunities of Global Recession
While Providing Insight on the Future of Caribbean Tourism;
Keynote Speech by British Airways CEO Keith Williams
The Caribbean Tourism Organization (CTO) and the French Saint-Martin Tourist Office are pleased to announce the inaugural State of the Industry Conference which will take place in St. Martin from Sept. 14-17, 2011. Top policymakers, private sector executives and other leaders in the tourism industry will explore the conference’s theme, "How to Win in a Competitive Environment," including a keynote speech by British Airways’ Chief Executive Officer Keith Williams.
"The state of the industry is not only about overcoming current challenges, it’s also about identifying opportunities," said Hugh Riley, secretary general of the CTO, the Caribbean region’s tourism development agency representing over 30 countries. "This conference will allow the industry’s elite professionals to come together and develop strategies on how to increase and improve tourism to the region."
In conjunction with the French Saint-Martin Tourist Office and industry partners, CTO announces a program of panel discussions and presentations from leading tourism experts, such as:
In addition, serving as panel moderators and introducers will be :
- Sen. Richard “Rickey” Skerritt, minister of tourism and international transportation, St. Kitts & Nevis and chairman, CTO Council of Ministers;
- Tony Fraser, noted Caribbean journalist;
- Hon. Beverly Nicholson-Doty, commissioner of tourism, U.S. Virgin Islands;
- Silviane John, director of tourism, St. Martin;
- Hon. Vincent Vanderpool-Wallace, minister of tourism and aviation, The Bahamas;
- Hon. Allen Chastanet, minister of tourism and civil aviation, Saint Lucia;
- Rosecita Jeffers, CEO, St. Kitts Tourism Authority and chairman, CTO Board of Directors.
The general conference sessions will be preceded by a series of meetings on Sept. 14 and 15 involving ministers, commissioners and directors of tourism, as well as private sector tourism partners. The conference headquarters hotel is Le Domaine on French St. Martin, and delegates are invited to experience “The Friendly Island” during events at various other sites.
To register and receive updates regarding the State of the Industry Conference, please visit www.onecaribbean.org